|his present is a bouquet of roses that will last forever, a decorative present for the lady in your life where they can store blankies, hats, and pictures of you.|
What You'll Need:
20 Red and Pink Silk Roses
Three Spools of Red and Pink Satin and Grosgrain Ribbon
Cardboard circle measured to fit the inside of the box.
1. Trim the silk flowers at the base of the flowers and glue them onto the top of the hatbox with your glue gun making sure there are no spaces showing between the petals.
2. Take the stems of the roses and cut the leaves off at the base. Close the box and glue the leaves in overlapping pattern like fish-scales. Make sure not to glue any leaves under the lid of the box or the box won't close. Trust me, I learned this the hard way. Don't do it.
3. Lift off the lid and paint the rest of the outside of the box green, plus the inside of the lid.
4. Take your ribbon and cut a few pieces the length of your box.
5. Glue the ribbon first to the bottom inside corner of the box, raw edges well into the circle, (don't worry we'll cover the whole bottom inside of the box with fabric so none of this will show).
6. Take the top of each piece of ribbon and fold it under and glue it to the inside of the box. Don't fold it over the top of the box or the lid won't fit. This too I learned from experience, it's a pain to undo this one, so pay attention.
7. Take your cardboard circle and cover it in your red fabric, gluing the excess tightly to the bottom. Glue, covered side up to the bottom.