|Faux chocolate egg with felted center and white chocolate bunny molded from brown toy bunny.|
|Gold leafed egg with original toy bunny in cove.|
|Malted Eggs are pretty tasty.|
- What you need:
- Styrofoam Egg
- Colored Aluminum from candy eggs
- Slim 1/8" ribbon for hanging egg
- Earth Toned Model Magic
- White felting wool
- Felting needle
- Hot glue gun
- 1 inch deep cap and serrated knife
- Paint can cap for a large egg and smaller one for the smaller egg
For the golden egg:
- All of the above except for felting wool and needle plus:
- 1/2 inch ribbon for border of peep hole, and to go around side of egg
- Gold leaf and sizing
- Blue craft paint and brush
- Make hole in styrofoam with a plastic cap from a bottle. I used a cap from a shampoo bottle. Hollow out hole with serrated knife and clean out all styrofoam dust.
3. Add texture by pressing a belt with a patterned, raised surface into the model magic. Let dry.
4. Crack hole of egg open wider and jaggedly and needle felt the felting wool into the hollow.
5. Hot glue aluminum foil to the outside of the egg leaving space to see "chocolate".
6. Stick pin the ribbon to the top to hang the egg.
Golden Egg Variation:
- Model Magic inside of peep-hole smoothly.
- Paint peep-hole robin's egg blue.
- Gold-leaf outside of egg.
- Hot glue ribbon around egg and around peep-hole.
- Hot-glue lichen to inside bottom of hole.
- Place object of interest inside the hollow.
To Make White Chocolate Bunny
What You'll Need:
- Toy plastic bunny
- Wilton's Melting White Chocolate
- Amazing Molding Putty
1. Make a 2 sided cast of the toy bunny following the directions on the Amazing Molding Putty package. It's very easy and totally non-toxic so don't be afraid!
2. Melt chocolate and spoon it into both sides of the mold. Press together tightly and place in freezer for 15 minutes.