ewelry Boxes are a practical and fun way to treat your loved ones to a custom work of art. Take old nail polish, pour it onto the top of a box and make it into a colorful marbled look. Everyone has old nail polish sitting around going bad in funky colors they never really would wear in the first place so this is the ideal idea to not let it go to waste and be creative at the same time.
What You'll Need:
3-6 Bottles of Old Nail Polish
Jewelry box with lip on the top
4 round handles (for the feet)
1 bottle of Craft Paint
1/2 inch brush or sponge
Hot glue gun
1. Using your hot glue gun, glue your four feet on to the bottom of your box, one to each corner.
2. Using your craft paint, paint your entire box with the sponge brush, except for the top.
3. Pour lines of paint across the top of your box thickly so that it is striped with different colors. Make sure you are in a well ventilated area because it gets pretty smelly here.
4. Run lines through the paint with a coffee stirrer or toothpick. Make designs in the nail polish.
5. Let dry for at least 48 hours outside. If you want to line the box, please see lining instructions for cigar box purses.