Quickie Victorian Shirt D.I.Y. and NDAD Book!

This past weekend the lovely Marisa Lynch (from the mind-blowing blog New Dress A Day, check it out!), came out with her first book of the same name.  I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to attend her L.A. book launch party at Book Soup.  I think I've mentioned this before, we shot a pilot together a couple months back and I think she's one of the most talented crafters ever.  So of course I wanted to show up at the signing in style! But I also wanted to honor the NDAD ethos.  Luckily, I had just the thing...I had bought this beauty at a thrift store a couple months back, and wore it as is, but found it a little constricting around the armpits.  Simple solution, I cut off the arm right under the ruffle, leaving the seams in tact, and voila, a new shirt for the day!

Marisa signing away!
My victorian shirt with leg of mutton sleeves.
Snip, snip.

Bye bye!  The ruffle hid the raw edge so I didn't worry about it.

Yay for the book!  What an accomplishment.

With John, who shot the pilot with us, and his lovely wife Rebecca.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign