I found this great yogurt jar at the Sunday Sevres-Babylone farmer's market that I thought would turn nicely into a terrarium because of it's dome-like shape. The yogurt is great too! A really easy project that can be done with any glass jar, some dirt and succulents cut off of another plant. I added a little creature for a bit of a "rooster lost in the forest" look.
What You Need:
- Bit of dirt
- 7 little succulent flowerings
- 3 inch x 1 inch piece of pulpy paper- like the stuff from an egg carton
- Little Creature
- Wrap about 2 tablespoons full of dirt in the paper. Tie with the twisty-tie. Place on the inside of the lid.
- Stick the highest succulents in the mound so they look like little trees.
- Pile up dirt around the paper and stick little succulents in the mounds. Place creature among the little succulents.
- Replace glass over the lid- this happens to be a plastic lid, but a screw-lid would work just as well.
- Remove glass and spritz roots with a little water every two weeks.