I saw a girl wearing one of these at a cafe the other day. Right after, I happened to see an old knock off of a Chanel bag lying on the street in a pile of stuff someone had put out (I think- Chris thinks that they were moving but, honestly, it was all junk). I took the chain off with my handy-dandy jewelry tools and voila, now I have one too! Tres chic and tres simple!
What You Need:
- 31 inches 1/4 inch curb chain for a double chain (or 16 inches for a single)
- The length of chain plus about 4 inches 1/2 inch satin ribbon
- Clear tape
- 8 inch elastic band or you can cut a ponytail holder open
1. Make the ribbon into a shoelace by wrapping one end with tape as tightly as possible.
2. Weave the ribbon in and out of the chain link causing the Chanel affect. Leave a couple of inches of ribbon at the front end and also after you have woven it through the whole chain. Tie knots at each end.
3. Run the elastic cord through each end of the headband after finding the right tension for your head and tie a tight knots to secure the elastic to the chain. Voila!