Ice Dyed Bikini

I needed to darken this bikini because it goes transparent when wet and white and I obviously couldn't go to the beach in a transparent bikini(okay, I could, but why give them the satisfaction?! I just want to swim!). So, what to do?  I got it: Ice Dyeing is a totally awesome way to transform something completely, with the added bonus that you never know exactly what you're going to get. Here are some really beautiful outcomes for this totally accessible form of dyeing:  navy, and a couple different purples.  Color's up to you but as for process you couldn't get any easier...


First I tied it up so certain parts wouldn't take the dye.


Put it in a bucket.  Good luck down there.

Covered with ice, then squirted it directly with the dye powder.  If you are going to do this, I would recommend a respirator, I'm pretty sure inhaling the straight powder is pretty toxic.

I mixed Rit dye and Tulip One Step Dyes.
Notice the white halter didn't dye.  Not all fabrics are able to take home dyes.  Adds to the surprise of it all.

I really love the dark speckles here and there, didn't expect those.

Here is the top and bottom together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign