Rue Royal- the color

For the past 6 years I've had 2 pieces of Ikea furniture that I just left half done.  Knowing for years that they could really use some color yet just not sure what color that should be.  Red, natural, painted with stripes?  I was in a holding pattern that I couldn't seem to break.  Well, finally I asked my neighbor Nanci, who is just brilliant with color and design in general and she said "Paint them the same color as your car!"  With this bit of guidance, I rushed to the paint store and found this gorgeous blue color called "Rue Royale" by Ralph Lauren.  It's not quite the same color as my car but I could just see it so well and just knew it was right.  Not sure if my decision was based on the awesome French name of the color or really the color itself, but either way, I love the results.

The armoire before.  It didn't bother me as much because it was in the garage.  The sidebar was the same horrible color but I didn't get a before picture.
Here is the armoire.  So much better blue in this green room.  



The fish is so much happier looking down into the deep blue color!

Some coordinating Anthropologie knobs that I found in the sale section for $2.95 each.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign