Royal Copenhagen Inspired House Numbers

I've always admired the translucent blue of Royal Copenhagen china.  There is something so old-world, unique, and pretty about it.  Here I've tried to recreate the different hues of blue on some numbers for our mailbox area.  I also made cufflinks using a similar technique, which I'll post later this week.
Royal Copenhagen plate.

Hardware store numbers.  Sand a little to rough up surface.


Spray paint white.
Mix Envirotex clear resin with blue resin dye.
Paint epoxy on numbers.
  I always wear my mask (even outdoors) when using resin or else I will have a big fat headache for hours afterwards.  Let dry overnight.


A simple voile of color yet numbers stands out against wood fence.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign