Making a birdhouse for a this cute bird is a great way to reuse a clean yogurt cup and some scrap fabric and decorate your tree all at once.
What You Need:
- A plastic yogurt cup
- A small piece of cardboard for the base
- Hot glue gun
- A little bird- adopted at the craft store
- Loose bark- this is from a eucalyptus tree in our front yard that sheds bark but birch will do for those in colder climates
- Scrap fabric
- Hole punch or awl (to make the hole where you hang the loop from).
- Cut hole in yogurt cup that looks like a doorway so the bird can sit there.
- Glue a little bark to the inside of the cup where you see into the doorway.
- Glue bark to the outside of the cup covering the entire cup and the cardboard base.
- Poke a hole in the top of the bark and run a piece of string doubled through the hole and make a knot inside underneath the hole.
- Attach a few scraggly pieces of scrap fabric to the inside floor of the doorway.
- Glue the bird inside the doorway.