|Hand-shaped ornaments painted and on the tree|
|Cookie Cutter Ornaments|
|Pre-painted baked cookies|
|First coat of paint|
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Baking sheets
- Acrylic paints, glitter glue brushes.
1. Combine ingredients by hand, knead until well blended and wrap tightly with plastic so dough does not dry out. Take only the portion you are using out at a time. If it gets dry add a little water or, if too wet, add flour.
2. Shape either by hand or with cookie cutters. I tried both and really liked the way both turned out (although using cookie cutters was much faster). Poke holes at the top of the ornaments. Keep in mind they shrink a little when baked.
3. Bake for 8 hours at 200 degrees to completely dry out.
4. When completely cool, paint with acrylic paints, thread ribbons through the holes and that's it!