CHA Winter Show

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association World Fair) with my crafty-pal Marisa Lynch.  The show was inspiring as always, and I came away with a ton of ideas for my next segment on Marie, which is going to be on Valentine's Day crafts.  It's been freezing here, so I was trying to come up with an outfit that would be warm enough for the show floor, but not over-heat me so I went through the latest haul from my step-mother-in-law's (is that even a word?) North-east conservative  1980's stash to find something I could alter for the perfect crafty-lady look.  
I have the outfit on the left.  It appeared on the New Yorker a few months ago.

Complete with gold buttons.
.
Told you... it is EXACTLY the same suit.
The gold buttons had to go.  Red would make it more modern and match my skirt!  And I just happened to have some red buttons.
A modern way to wear an old stodgy cardigan.  With Jonathan Fong of Craft Attitude.

The elephant in the room.
Do you think they talked to each other ahead of time to coordinate?  Check out this hand made papier-mache elephant at DCWV

New tape line from 3M

A room to play with the tape in.
Before

And after.  I love me some tape. 


Alice and Wonderland theme at Viva.


Viva painted butterflies.
Tin tea cups made from aluminum foil at Viva and painted with their awesome paints.

Old time molds for cupcakes.



Felt owl ipod cases.  Too cute.

Flowers made from household items at Ilovetocreate

Bread and whiteglue

Tissue and felt

Toilet paper

Crepe peper




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign