Gold Notes on Vibe Magazine Cover


These gold notes were a quick job that I almost didn't take.   I only had a 24 hour turn around so I had to figure out quickly how to make notes that looked like metal.  I used my Cricut and the Hannah Montana cartridge to cut chipboard into musical note shapes then layered several layers of cardboard using spray mount to glue them together.  After that I dipped them in resin and let them dry over night. In the morning I painted them with Montana Gold spray paint.  I've never used Montana spray paints before but the thickness and density of the gold color was quite impressive.  In the end they looked like metal although it might have been easier to make them out of clay.  I think these would make great Christmas tree ornaments and that is probably what the ones in the photo will become now that they are back in my posession!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign