My latest project for the UCLA Commons Window. So much fun and it actually didn't take long to sew (don't look too closely, please!)
What You Need:
- Lots of little pieces of fabric
- Sewing Machine
- Embroidery thread and needle
- Dowel or long piece of wood- I found this Robin Hood bow in the garage that I had no idea we even had!
- Iron and ironing board
1. Sew rectangles and fabric together right side to right side so all the stitching is on the back. I sewed pieces that measured about 2' x 2' so it wasn't so big and all over the place and then sewed them together into one giant 12' x 5' tapestry.
2. Sew a loop at the top so you can slip your dowel through and seam the sides and bottom.
3. Hand-sew patches with embroidery thread to add another layer of patchwork goodness and also to cover any problem spots ;)!