Spokesperson for Provo Craft


My latest craft job has been as spokesperson for the quickly growing craft powerhouse Provo Craft as one of their spokespersons.  This job has entailed demonstrating their machines the Cricut Create , Yudu, and the Yourstory on the Shopping Channel in Canada.  It's been a pretty fast-paced job and after being out of the game for a while after the pregnancy and birth of the wee one I have to say it's been really nice to work again.  Being on the shopping channels is just like being on the morning news in most ways.  Living on the west coast really puts me at a terrible disadvantage in the morning when I have to travel east and get up at 6 a.m.  I feel destroyed for the first half an hour after waking up but with a little coffee and the buzz of getting ready for a live show, I always wake up pretty quick.  The main difference between the news and the shopping channels is the shameless self-promotion of products ( a given) and looking directly into the camera.  On the news, the expert is never to look at the camera- just the host and they are suppose to pretend that the camera isn't even there.  As if we are in my living room and I am showing you great ways to make crafts.  On the shopping channel you look directly into the camera at all times.  Even when you are talking to the host.  It's a totally different way of operating in front of the camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign