For the Mother's Day event at the UCLA Commons I made a bunch of these flower pins and hair clips to giveaway to the moms with scrap fabric that designer Cynthia Vincent donated to the center. Look how cute they look as a set on this mother/daughter team!
They couldn't be easier to make. All you need is:
Strips of fabric
Wire- 24 gauge works great
Hot glue gun
Little felt scraps to back the pins
Pin back or Hair clips
1. Bunch strip of fabric lengthwise.
2. Wrap center tightly with wire and twist tightly in back.
3. Hot glue felt backing to back of pin
4. Hot glue pin backing to felt.
5. Repeat with a shorter, narrower piece of fabric and glue to top of first flower.