Men's Blazer Skirt and Collar

Once in a while, I'll come across an out-dated blazer in Chris' closet that's just begging to be D.I.Y.ed.  I usually use all of my self-control to put it back nicely, knowing that the next time he might want to squeeze into it again, it should be there but...well, I had a moment recently, and just grabbed a certain sports jacket that I figured he wouldn't miss.  It's been pretty toasty here in L.A., but fall's just around the corner, so I thought I'd take his old coat, turn it into a mini-skirt/collar necklace, and see what happens. One things for sure: he won't notice it's gone.  Anyway, here's what the old coat looks like, re-invented.

1.  Cut away collar leaving a 1/2" in the back.
Really sharp scissors are a must to get through all the layers.
2.  Hot glue a thick wide ribbon to the back to keep all the threads from fraying.
3.  Add a bauble to keep the two ends together.  I found this great leopard face at Berger's Beads, Downtown.



Chop the bottom of the blazer off and turn edge under, leaving enough of a channel for a 1" elastic to be threaded through.
2.  Run elastic through and sew together.





The pockets are totally functional still!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frenchy Rat Ears Halloween Costume

Fortune Cookie Costume

Phoebe and Rob's Sign